LastPass is a well-known name as one of the top-rated password manager apps for Windows out there. It offers cross-platform support while storing password details on its cloud servers.
Special Features Of LastPass
- Two-factor authentication
- Automatic password capture
- Auto form filling
- Secure Notes for storing bank account numbers, social security numbers, etc
Mainly, KeePass is a well-known Windows desktop password manager but it’s also available for macOS and Linux. Further, there are unofficial ports available as it’s a free and open-source software, first developed in 2004.
Special Features Of KeePass
- Combination of key file and master password
- No installation required
- Option to create password groups
- Plugins to extend functionalities
3. Sticky Password
Another name in the list of the best free password manager is Sticky Password. The password manager is available for Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android. It provides support for all the popular web browsers.
Special Features Of Sticky Password
- Excellent password generator tool
- Encrypted vault for storing credit card numbers to facilitate one-click payments
- Option to share passwords securely
- Support for 16 browsers
The free password manager Roboform is also the one blessed with a neat and clean interface and great looks. As a part of its multi-platform support, Roboform is available for Windows, iOS, Android, and MacOS. Other than being one of the best password manager apps, Roboform is also one of the oldest. It was first released in 1999.
Special Features Of Roboform
- Auto capturing of password
- Folders for managing passwords easily
- Offline access to passwords
- Strong search functionality to search passwords
Dashlane is a beautifully designed password manager app that protects user credentials using AES-256 bit encryption and stores them locally. It supports features that can help users when filling forms and provides automatic logins, two-factor authentication, import/export of credentials, etc.
Special Features Of Dashlane
- Strong password generator tool
- Secure Notes to store notes, bank information and credit card details
- Share passwords with friends and family without revealing
- Emergency contact option to evade forgetting the master password